Significance of the sense of smell makes it very attractive to establish the technique for recording and reproducing the olfactory stimuli and in turn - olfactory sensations. The odor recorder developed in our laboratory is the first attempt to realize such a technique. Let's have a brief look at the odor recorder concept.
What is the odor recorder?
The odor recorder is an instrument capable of determining the qualitative and quantitative composition of the target smell (e.g. orange), so called odor recipe. Using the recipe it is possible to reproduce the target smell at any time. As you can see in the figure, the odor recorder performance relies on three main elements: array of quartz crystal microbalance (QCM) sensors, odor blender and PC with software controling the whole system. If you are interested in details about odor recorder and its application check FAQ or contact us .
Research topics - odor recorder
- Odor reproduction using 8 odor components (japanese)
- Odor recorder using real-time reference method (japanese)
- Odor transmission via Internet (japanese)
- Odor r ecording using mass spectrometer (japanese)
- Recording and reproducing citrus flavors
- Concurrent reproduction of visual and olfactory information (japanese)
- Odor recorder using ink-jet devices (japanese)
- Odor recorder using automatic sampler
- Search of the odor components of car-cabin odors(English)
Last update: Fri, April 17, 2009 16:22